The Kingdom of Aneth observes a lunar calendar based around the 28-day orbit of Folslydh, one of Jaanz Wurld’s three moons. The 364-day year comprises thirteen months of four 7-day weeks each. The first day of spring heralds each new year.
Months of the year
Anethian months are named in honour of the thirteen most revered good-aligned gods, though it is rumoured that an alternative evil-influenced calendar is recognised by hidden nefarious cults and villains throughout Jaanz Wurld.
Days of the week
Weekdays were renamed several hundred years ago by King Hwarthus II, having re-established a feudal system of governance after a brief and bloody civil war. The old names are still known to academics, though few folk these days will recognise them as use of the newer Hwarthan names is practically universal.
(old name | Hwarthan name | equivalent)
- Medh’day | Kingsday | Sunday
- Krodday | Lordsday | Monday
- Lowday | Vassalsday | Tuesday
- Skwithday | Serfsday | Wednesday
- Gohelday | Squiresday | Thursday
- Striwday | Knightsday | Friday
- Pennday | Queensday | Saturday
An Loerow (the moons)
Similarly the three moons are more commonly known by colloquialisms than their true Anethian names.
- Hweskerlydh | the biting moon
- Folslydh | the sorcerors moon
- Bysmerlydh | the cynical moon
Note: This is essentially the Kingdoms of Kalamar calendar with alternative names.